Farms Afield: Boston
Wednesday - Saturday, July 27 - 30, 2016
For our 2016 Farms Afield trip, we’re meeting in Boston, “home base” of the early Arts and Crafts movement in America, a city whose artisans, designers, architects, writers, and teachers helped shape and disperse the movement’s ideals and aesthetics across the nation.
We’ll take in Boston’s abundant sites while leaving time for relaxation and individual exploration. Not only is this a chance to see this historic city from a specially-planned Arts-and-Crafts perspective, you’ll see it among friends who will share your enthusiasm for all the details.
• Stay at The Boxer Hotel, a boutique hotel in Boston’s historic Flatiron Building.
• Enjoy an exclusive cocktail party in the home of a Stickley descendent and Arts and Crafts collector.
• Take a custom Arts and Crafts-focused walking tour of Beacon Hill and the North End.
• Take a private curator’s tour of the MFA, Boston’s Arts and Crafts collection.
• Enjoy dinner and a tour at Stonehurst, H. H. Richardson’s domestic masterpiece.
• Explore Copley Square, home to Trinity Church and Boston Public Library.
• Have dinner at the Union Oyster House, America’s oldest restaurant and a National Historic Landmark.
$1350 per person; $300 supplement for a single room.
Fees include 3-night accommodations, 5 meals (daily breakfast and 2 dinners), and all planned activities. Transportation is not provided to Boston. FA: Boston begins in the late afternoon on 7/27 and ends in the late morning on 7/30. Member Exclusive.
Space is limited. Activities require moderate walking each day.
Fee may also be paid in installments. Please contact us at 973.540.0311 to discuss details.
Not yet a member of the Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms?
26 April 2017
The Stickley Museum
at Craftsman Farms
2352 Route 10 West
Morris Plains, NJ 07950